Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 flapjacks
Low GI flapjacks for those who cannot have food that spikes blood sugar levels
- 500g quinoa flakes or porridge oats
- 250g dairy-free butter
- 280g agave syrup
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 200C electric / 180C fan / gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Put 250g dairy-free butter and 280g agave syrup into a saucepan. Melt them on medium heat, stirring gently.
- STEP 3Add 500g quinoa flakes or porridge oats to the saucepan and stir making sure the mixture coats the quinoa flakes/porridge oats.
- STEP 4Use a 20x20cm baking tin lined with baking paper and spoon in the mixture. Press into the corners with the back of a spoon so the mixture is flat and score into 12 squares.
- STEP 5Bake on the middle shelf for 15 minutes until golden brown.