Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Coconut and Lime 'Risotto'
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick and easy take on a coconut and lime risotto
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 chicken/veg stock cube
- 2 portions of rice
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- Chilli powder
- STEP 1Cook the rice.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, fry the onion until soft and translucent, then add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- STEP 3When the rice is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Add the onions and garlic to the cooked rice.
- STEP 4Add the coconut milk, a splash of soy sauce and the juice of two limes to the rice and onions. Reduce over a medium heat until the rice mixture is the consistency of risotto.
- STEP 5Add soy sauce, lime juice and chilli powder to taste. I like to serve it with a chicken breast and veg.