Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy chicken pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A delicious, time saving favourite of my family.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 1 onion
- half a punnet of mushrooms
- half a cup of peas or sweetcorn
- 1 can condensed chicken soup
- milk to 2/3rds of the can
- a sprinkling of tarragon
a little oil for frying
enough mashed potato for 4-6 people or enough pastry to cover the pie
- enough mashed potato for 4-6 people or enough pastry to cover the pie
enough cheese to cover the top of the pie (for mash if required)
- (veg used can be whatever you like to put in it)
- STEP 1cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and fry them in a little oil until golden and sealed. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- STEP 2Chop the onion finely and fry with a little more oil.
- STEP 3chop the carrots and add to the onion along with the mushrooms which have been halved or quartered and return the chicken to the pan
- STEP 4add the condensed soup along with the milk and stir until combined
- STEP 5add the remaining vegetables, the tarragon, salt and pepper, cook for a minute of two and turn out into an oven proof dish. A dish about a dinner plate size that is quite deep is perfect. (I use a pyrex)
- STEP 6Add the mash or pastry topping, adding the cheese to the top of the mash if required and bake in the oven at 190 degrees for about half an hour