Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5-10mins to simmer
- Serves 2
Bursting with flavour deep fried chicken, crispy on the outside but very succulent and juicy inside. Fit for every occasion no matter the weather.
- 4 Chicken drumsticks
- 1tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1/2tsp finely chopped onions
- 1/2tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2tsp finely chopped garlic
- STEP 1Trim, cut and push the chicken meat away from one side exposing the bone and soak in brine water(enough water+ plenty of salt). After a few minutes, drain the water off the chicken.
- STEP 2With the exception of salt and the corn flour, add all the other ingredients (onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, mixed spices, basil, paprika, black pepper)to the chicken and massage in. Put the seasoned chicken in a sauce and a little bit of water then simmer for 5-10mins.
- STEP 3Take the chicken out of the sauce pan onto a plate and allow to cool. Add a pinch of mixed spices to the corn flour ready to use. Drizzle oil over the chicken and coat it with the corn flour mixture. Heat oil and deep fry the chicken for 10-15mins. When it starts to turn golden brown, than them in the oil and fry for further 5mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.