- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
A Mediterranean dish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 large Spanish onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 Anaheim peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- STEP 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- STEP 2Sauté the onion, peppers, garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper, and sugar, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- STEP 3Add the tomatoes to the cooked vegetables and simmer the mixture, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.