- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 20
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- 125g/4oz butter
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- STEP 2Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- STEP 3Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- STEP 4Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.