Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
gooey chocolate fudge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 hours cooling time
- More effort
- Makes Slices
very sweet but grate for a treat
- 115g Butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 405g condensed milk
- 115g plain Chocolate, broken into squares 800g icing sugar, sifted
- STEP 11. Place the butter in a large bowl and beat in the vanilla extract and condensed milk.
- STEP 22. Place the chocolate squares in a bowl and set it over a pan of barely simmering water. Leave it to melt, remove from the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
- STEP 33. Allow the chocolate to cool and then beat it in, gradually, to the butter mixture. Beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time. When it has all been incorporated you should end up with a soft, dough-like mixture.
- STEP 44. Line a 20 x 30 cm shallow baking tin with baking parchment paper. Press the mixture into the tin, ensuring that the surface is even. Using the tip of a sharp knife, mark the fudge into about 16 pieces and then place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- STEP 55. When the fudge has set, use the edges of the paper to lift it from the tin on to a large chopping board and cut it into the marked pieces