Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup beef stock (liquid)
- 1/3 tomato paste
- 800g canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 800g crushed tomatoes
- STEP 1Heat oil in a frying pan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- STEP 2Add mince, cumin and smoked paprika and cook mince, stirring and breaking up, until browned.
- STEP 3Transfer to slow-cooker.
- STEP 4Stir in oregano, chilli flakes, beef stock, tomato paste, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes.
- STEP 5Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
- STEP 6Serve with rice, sour cream, freshly chopped coriander leaves and grated tasty cheese.