Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Easy everyday brownies
- 300g unsalted butter
- 600g light brown muscovado sugar
- 150g cocoa powder, sifted
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300g milk chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- STEP 2Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a medium sized saucepan. When it’s melted, add the sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon (still over a low heat to help it blend with the melted butter.)
- STEP 3Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, bicarb, salt and then stir into the pan; when mixed (this will be a very dry mixture, and not wholly blended at this stage), remove from the heat.
- STEP 4Whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract and then mix into the brownie mixture in the pan.
- STEP 5Stir in the chopped chocolate and quickly pour and scrape into a baking tin and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- STEP 6It will look set, dark and dry on top, but when you feel the surface, you will sense it is still wobbly underneath and a cake tester will come out gooey. This is desirable.