- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A fluffy pavlova that is a great treat for the whole family.
- 3 Egg whites
- 170g/6 oz Caster sugar
- 1-2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 284ml Double cream
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 140°C/Gas Mark 1/120°C. Cover a baking tray in baking paper
- STEP 2Beat the egg whites in a mixer till fluffy
- STEP 3Drop a tbsp of sugar into the egg whites and then mix. Keep doing this until there is roughly 2 tbsp of caster sugar left
- STEP 4Mix in 1 tsp of cornflour and 1 tbsp of caster sugar so that there is now 1 tbsp left in the bowl.
- STEP 5Drop in 1-2 tsp of malt vinegar and mix. Mix in the last of the caster sugar.
- STEP 6Pour the mixture onto a baking tray in a circle (Leave some room around the edge as it will expand in the oven!)
- STEP 7Put tray into the oven to bake for 1 hour
- STEP 8Beat the double cream till it creates ‘peaks’ when the whisk is removed
- STEP 9Take the meringue part out of the oven and let it cool before you take it off the tray
- STEP 10Take the base off the tray and then smooth the cream over the top of the mixture and add some strawberries on top.