Black Garlic with Scallops
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
This is an ideal starter for two or a pre-dinner nibble. It is also excellent as a lunch, served with a lemon vinaigrette rocket salad.
- 250g small queen scallops (these are sold in the fish counter in supermarkets)
- 50g chorizo sausage - finely diced
- 5 cloves of peeled black garlic very finely sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of freshly snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon of sherry
Lemon wedges for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- STEP 1Pat the scallops dry with a kitchen towel.
- STEP 2Heat a large frying pan (no oil) and fry the chorizo sausage for 1 to 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the scallops, sliced black garlic and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until the scallops are cooked.
- STEP 4Sprinkle the parsley and chives into the frying pan.
- STEP 5Add the lemon juice and the sherry.
- STEP 6Turn up the heat for one minute.
- STEP 7Serve immediately with a slice of lemon to squeeze over the top.