- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 15 Fully ripened medium to large tomatoes, halved.
- 1 Large, finely chopped red onion.
- 2 tbls Olive oil.
- 4 Pealed and chopped cloves of garlic.
- 1 tbls Finely chopped basil.
- 1 Desert sp Sundried tomato paste.
- 1 Desert sp Tomato puree.
- 1 tsp Course ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Makes approximately 1 ltr.
- STEP 1Place the tomatoes, garlic, basil and black pepper into a blender and liquidise.
- STEP 2Using a large frying pan gently fry the red onion in the olive oil until just golden. Add to blender and liquidise.
- STEP 3Pour the blender contents into your large pan and bring to the boil. Add the sun dried tomato paste and tomato puree and thoroughly mix. Now gently simmer, stirring frequently for 10 - 15 minutes and reduce until you have the perfect passata.