Leek and Potato Soup.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This deliciously creamy soup is absolutely stacked with vitamins and minerals. Google the health benefits of leeks and celery.
- 2 x Medium potatoes. Dice to 15mm cubes.
- 1 x Leek. Slice into 15mm rounds.
- 1 x Stick of celery. Finely diced.
- 1 x Clove of garlic. Crushed and finely chopped.
- 1 tbls Rape seed oil.
- 20g Unsalted butter.
- 300ml Vegetable or Chicken stock. Knor Stock Pots work well.
- 100ml Semi skimmed milk.
- 2 x Salad onions. Very finely sliced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 1In a large pan heat the rape seed oil and butter and fry the leek and diced potato for a few minutes until the potato is slightly golden. Add celery and garlic, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes. Leave pan covered and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2Add stock and milk to blender and spoon in cooled fried vegetables from pan. Blend to a smooth creamy texture. Return soup to pan and gently warm through to edible temperature . Do not allow to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste then sprinkle finely sliced salad onions on top to serve. Enjoy.