Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Butternut Squash with Nutmeg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Roasted butternut squash drizzled in browned butter and seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 large Butternut Squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/3 tsp grated nutmeg
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 375
- STEP 2Cut peeled squash into 1-inch cubes and put squash on oiled baking sheet, drizzle squash with olive oil
- STEP 3Bake for 45 minutes, or until very tender and beginning to brown, stir occasionally
- STEP 4Put squash in a serving dish or bowl
- STEP 5Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat, until butter turns a nut-colored brown, about 4 minutes
- STEP 6Pour over squash, toss to coat, and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve hot.