Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ginger and oat biscuits
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes About 15
Not too sweet, these everyday biscuits can be easily adapted: you could add a handful of sultanas or sunflower seeds.
- 100g margerine or butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 dessertspoon golden syrup
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger/or more to taste
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180c. Cover a baking sheet with parchment. In a large saucepan, gently melt the margerine, sugar and golden syrup, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat.
- STEP 2Add to the pan the flour, oats, ground ginger and any variants, such as a handful of raisins or sunflower seeds. Lightly mix. Put dessertspoons of the mix onto the baking sheet and flatten a little.
- STEP 3Bake for 15-20 minutes. They'll continue to firm up on a wire rack.