Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mama's Candied Louisiana Sweet Potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
6 medium yams, parboiled in skin( I always peel mine first) 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup water 1/2 stick butter or oleo 1/4 cup pecans, minced Dash of cinnamon Boil yams until almost tender when pricked with fork. Let cool and peel. Place in baking dish. Blend all other ingredients and cook over low heat until slightly thickened. Pour over yams and bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 American size stick butter
- 1/4 cup minced pecans
- Dash of cinammon
- STEP 1Wash and peel sweet potatoes
- STEP 2Cut into chunks
- STEP 3Parboil sweet potatoes until almost tender when pricked with fork (approx 5 minutes)
- STEP 4Drain and place in baking dish.
- STEP 5Blend all other ingredients and cook over low heat until slightly thickened.
- STEP 6Pour over sweet potatoes and bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.