Mama's Candied Louisiana Sweet Potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 American size stick butter
- 1/4 cup minced pecans
- Dash of cinammon
- STEP 1Wash and peel sweet potatoes
- STEP 2Cut into chunks
- STEP 3Parboil sweet potatoes until almost tender when pricked with fork (approx 5 minutes)
- STEP 4Drain and place in baking dish.
- STEP 5Blend all other ingredients and cook over low heat until slightly thickened.
- STEP 6Pour over sweet potatoes and bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.