Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crispy Fried chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Quick and easy crispy fried chicken.
- 5 Whole Chicken Breasts
- 2 & 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3-5 Slices of White Bread
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Large or Medium Eggs
- Oil to fry
- STEP 1Using a food blender blend the slices of bread into fine breadcrumbs. Put the Pepper, Chilli powder, salt, mixed herbs, flour and breadcrumbs into a large Tupperware. Put the lid on and shake well to mix the herbs and spices with the flour and breadcrumbs. Pre heat oil in frying pan, you need just enough for the chicken to sit in (about 1/3 up the chicken)
- STEP 2Crack the eggs into a bowl or separate Tupperware and beat till the yolks and whites are fully mixed. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- STEP 3Dip the strips of chicken into the egg, ensure full coverage and a fairly thick coat. Then put the strips into the Tupperware with the breadcrumbs in and put the lid on, shake well to ensure full coverage. Take out and put into the hot oil, for 3-5 mins per side. Place on Kitchen Towel to remove excess oil. Best done in batches of 3 or 4 strips at a time.