Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow cooker Lemon chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Lemon chicken served with new potatoes and veg
- 1 red onion
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1-1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt
- bunch thin green asparagus
- STEP 11-Peel and slice red onion and add to the bottom of the slow cooker in one layer.
- STEP 22-Add chicken thighs on top in one layer.
- STEP 33-Wash and half baby potatoes and add to slow-cooker.
- STEP 44-In a small bowl mix zest of 1 lemon, juice of that same lemon, olive oil, honey, thyme, sea salt, pepper and finely chopped garlic and then pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- STEP 55-Put lid on and secure, then set to high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours (depending on your schedule. 3 hours on high being the minimum and 4 the maximum and 6 hours being the minimum and 8 hours the maximum when set on low).
- STEP 66-15-20 minutes before the time is over, set slow cooker to high and add asparagus on top and put lid back on. The thicker the asparagus, the longer it will take.
- STEP 77-optional but recommended: 5 minutes before the time is over, remove the chicken thighs, place on a baking sheet and put under the broiler on high for 3-5 minutes or until the skin is golden.
- STEP 88-Enjoy!