lemon and garlic chicken
Member recipe by bigmammalynne
- 4 skinless chicken fillets cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Freshly milled pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 200g brown rice
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon corriander/parsley,chopped
- 1 lemon
- Season flour with pepper and coat chicken
- Heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic in a pan for 2 minutes over a medium heat. add the chicken and brown.
- Meanwhile cook the rice in a pan of boiling water according to the time stated on the packet.
- Add the leek and herbs to the chicken. stir.
- Cut 4 slices from the lemon and add to the pan. squeeze the juice from the remainder of the lemon into the pan.
- Continue cooking over a medium heat, with the lid on, for 15 minutes. Add a little water if necessery. serve the chicken on a bed of rice, topped with slice of lemon and enjoy!!!