Courgette and cheese loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Slices
Great loaf on its own or with soft cheese. Great for picnics make the night before.
- 75g butter
- 200g courgettes(weighed topped and tailed)
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 125g extra mature cheddar, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon milk
- STEP 1pe-heat oven to 180C/160Cfan/gas mark 4. line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper. Melt the butterand leave to cool- don't allow it to solidify.
- STEP 2grate the courgettes and set aside. Sift the flour, salt,cayenne powder into a bowl. Stir in the cheese.
- STEP 3Lightly beat eggs, milk and melted butter together with a fork.Add to the flour along with the courgettes and stir until evenly mixed
- STEP 4Put the mixture in the loaf tin and level the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the springs back when pressed slightly cool on a wire rack. and spread with soft cheese.