Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 18 buns
This is a recipe which has been handed down through my family with an update to make it healthier.
- 125g Margarine
- 125g Demerara Sugar
- 1 Lightly Beaten Egg
- 2 tbs Camp Coffee Essence
- 250g Wholemeal SR Flour
- 1 or 2 handfuls Sultanas
- STEP 1Whisk together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- STEP 2Add beaten egg and coffee essence. Whisk into egg and margarine mixture.
- STEP 3Add flour then sultanas and stir into mixture.
- STEP 4Roll mixture into balls about the size of a ping pong ball and flatten slightly. Place in patty tins.
- STEP 5When baked, lift buns out of patty tins and place on wire rack to cool.