Vegetable Chilli Nachos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This smoky vegetable chilli is a favourite, especially with added nachos. with 3 of your 5 a day.
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 x 400g black beans (drained)
- 400g mixed beans (drained)
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 30g red lentils
- 20g dark chocolate (grated)
- 1 tbsp dark muscavado sugar
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5mins or until soft. Add the chipotle paste and stir for 1 minute.
- STEP 2Add the beans, lentils, chopped tomatoes, chocolate, sugar and spices and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile grate some cheese, get a large ovenproof dish and place some nachos in. Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- STEP 3Once the chilli has thickened, place some chilli onto the nachos and spoon over some sour cream and guacamole, finally grating some cheese on top. Repeat this process layering the nachos.
- STEP 4Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole and bake in the oven for 5-10mins until bubbling.