Cheesy Baked Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Comforting cheesy chicken with brocolli mash and green beans.
- 1 Potato
- Green Beans
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Crème Fraîche
- 30g Parmesan
- 30g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 200. Put a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on to boil. Chop the potato into chunks, with the skin on and trim the ends off the green beans. Put the chicken breats in clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin until 2cm thin.
- STEP 2Simmer the potato in the boiling water for 15 mins, then add the brocolli and simmer for a further 5 mins. When cooked and soft enough to mash, drain in a colander and return to the pan.
- STEP 3In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche, parmesan, salt and pepper. In a different bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs with the olive oil, again with a pinch of salt and pepper. Line a baking tray with foil and lay out the chicken breasts, then spread an even amount of the cheese mixture on each breast.
- STEP 4Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto each breast and gently press it into the cheese mixture. Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins, until the crumbs are holden and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- STEP 5Mash the potato and brocolli together with a pinch of salt and pepper and a knob of butter (if available) and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- STEP 6Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the green beans, with a pinch of salt and pepper, for 4-5 mins until softened.
- STEP 7Serve the chicken with the brocolli mash and beans.