Awesome Yorkshire puddings
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Delicious Yorkshire puddings with a bite.
- 4 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 1tsp English mustard powder
- 200ml milk
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees C fan (adjust for conventional oven) and put some beef dripping into 2 Yorkshire pudding tins. Put the tins into the oven until the dripping is smoking.
- STEP 2Sift mustard powder and flour into a bowl and crack in 4 eggs into a well in the centre. Using a balloon whisk, bring together the eggs and the flour mix until smooth.
- STEP 3Gradually whisk in the milk (should be quite runny - slightly thicker than single cream).
- STEP 4Pour into the tins (the batter should sizzle) and cook for 20-25mins depending on how well done you like them.
- STEP 5You can serve immediately or you can freeze them for up to a month once cooled (just reheat in a hot oven for 5-10mins)