Red pepper soy sauce chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 mins for the chicken but prep other veg while marinading
- Serves 6
One pot dish low calorie and low carb. Good with baked salted kale or other baked green veg.
- 680g chicken breast diced
- 2 Red pepper deseeded cut into strips
- Thumb size of ginger Finley diced or grated
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil or use one cal spray
- Optional : dried oriental mushrooms (soak before use and retain some stock)
- Optional : Fresh diced green chilli or chilli flakes
- STEP 1Mix half of the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, and honey in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- STEP 2Add coconut oil or spray to a large saucepan on medium heat and add ginger and garlic stirring through for at least one min. Add the marinaded chicken with any sauce to the pan and cook for 5 mins
- STEP 3Add the pepper strips (if using mushrooms add now with a tablespoon of the water and add chilli if using), the rest of the soy, vinegar and honey and black pepper. Stir through and cook for ten mins until chicken is cooked through and the peppers are soft. If u want a thicker sauce use a ladel to put some in a separate pan and chicken with corn starch
- STEP 4Serve with baked greens or you can use a microwave rice if you'd rather.