Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16 portions
Delicious cheesy scones with a choice of adding marmite in.
- 450g self-raising flour
- 75g butter
- 2tbs marmite/yeast extract (opitional)
- 1tsp mustard powder
- pinch of salt
- 125g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300ml milk
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220C /Gas mark 7. Rub in the butter in with the flour until the mixture turns into a fine breadcrumbs. Add in the marmite, mustard, salt and cheese. Mix into a soft dough with milk being added gradually.
- STEP 2Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough lightly. Divide the mixture in half and make it into a circle, roll it out to an inch (2.5cm) thick. You can choose to score them in to 8 portions or you can divide them into 16 portions separately
- STEP 3Put the scones in the oven for 25-30 mins, until browned and firm. Let it cool on a wire rack. Serve it with butter, and choice of marmite or cheese.