- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 5
simple naan bread to make in remoska
- 250g/9oz plain flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 110-130ml/3½-4½fl oz milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- STEP 1For the dough, sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the milk and oil.
- STEP 2Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the liquid mixture. Slowly mix together the dough by working from the centre and incorporating the flour from the edges of the 'well', to make a smooth, soft dough. Knead well for 8-10 minutes, adding a little flour if the dough is too sticky. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/techniques/kneading
- STEP 3Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea-towel and leave in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. Form the dough into five balls.
- STEP 4Preheat the grill to medium and place a heavy baking sheet on the upper shelf of the grill to heat.
- STEP 5Roll the dough balls out quite thinly, ideally in a teardrop shape., Sprinkle over your chosen topping and press into the surface of the dough or leave plain. Place the naans onto the hot baking sheet and grill for just 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Brush with butter and serve hot.