Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Toss In Fruit Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 cake
A delicious and easy fruit cake to share with family and friends!
- 227g Self-Raising Flour
- 113g Soft Brown Sugar
- 340g Mixed Dried Fruit
- 57g Glace Cherries
- 2 Eggs
- 114ml Oil
- 114ml Milk
- 28g Demerara Sugar (for top)
- 1/2 level tsp Mixed Spice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Almond Essence
- Pinch of salt
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 150C (130 fan, gas mark 2).
- STEP 2Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to a thick pouring consistency.
- STEP 3Sprinkle top with demerara sugar.
- STEP 4Grease and line with grease-proof paper an 8 inch round, or 7 inch square tin. Pour mixture into tin, and bake for 2 hours until golden.