Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 10 hours overnight
- Makes 2 loaves
Sweet and fruity bun loaf perfect for a Sunday afternoon with a cup of tea in front of the tele!
- 454g Self-Raising Flour
- 680g Dried Fruit (Sultanas and Raisins)
- 227g Demerara Sugar
- 426ml Cold Tea
- 1 Egg
- STEP 1Soak fruit and sugar in large bowl overnight.
- STEP 2Preheat oven to 170C (150 fan, gas mark 3). Mix egg and flour in a bowl.
- STEP 3Divide mixture between two greased 2lb (900g) loaf tins.
- STEP 4Bake for 1 hour until golden, and an inserted knife comes out clean. Serve sliced and buttered.