Farfalle with Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by zarraahh
Farfalle fresh pasta cooked with a classic vegetable and tomato sauce.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz Grated Cheese (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot or 1/2 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 can whole tomatoes, including the juice, or 1 3/4 pound of fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put on apron and wash hands. Make sure all working surfaces are clean and safe.
- Get out equipment and measure 2 glasses of water into saucepan, start to boil for the pasta.
- Add the pasta and make sure the cooker is on medium heat.
- Pour olive oil into frying pan and begin to fry on medium heat.
- Begin to chop the onion, garlic, carrots and pepper (diced).
- When the oil begins to sizzle in the pan add all the ingredients you have chopped, one by one carefully. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Once the vegetables are cooking nicely add half of the tinned tomatoes into the frying pan and mix immediately. If neccesary add the tomatoe puree to give a hint of flavour.
- Check on the pasta. If ready take out place into a colander to drain out the water, then place onto dish. If not ready wait a few more minutes then do the above.
- Keep on stirring the vegetables and sauce, if necessary add a little bit of water to keep it cooking into a saucy mixture. Add your mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Finely add to the pasta. Serve with cheese (optional)and enjoy.