Cuban Blackbean Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 15 mins in the refridgerator to chill the salad
- Serves 4
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup or 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup or 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 a celery stick, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tbp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbp chopped coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1Mix together beans, all the peppers, celery, red onion , coriander and parsley in a large bowl
- STEP 2Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic & cumin and toss into bean mixture.
- STEP 3Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- STEP 4Mix well.
- STEP 5Place in refridgerator for approx 15 mins before serving so the tastes settles into the vegetables.