Member recipe by yaelh82
This is a very healthy, very simple to make, and not fattening quiche (if low fat cheese is chosen)...
- 6-7 artichoke hearts (fresh or canned)
- 800 gram of spinach (frozen or live)
- 3 onions
- Cream cheese/ white cheese/ low fat cheese/ cooking cream (250 ml)
- 3-4 Tbsp. of oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- Basil leaves
- Parsley leaves
- Soup powder/ broth (not necessary)
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- Salt and black pepper
- Saute the onion with oil for couple of minutes. Chop garlic and add to the pan with the spices. Chop artichoke hearts to small cubes; add to the pan and mix. Afterwards add the spinach, and soup powder if used. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Open the oven to 356 F (180 C).
- After 10 minutes remove from the pan to a bowl, and let cool for a while. Add 250 ml of the cheese/ cream cheese/ cooking cream and mix (this action itself helps the mixture to cool). Taste the mixture now, and fix the taste with any salt/pepper/spice you think is necessary. Add 2 eggs, flour, bread crumbs, and mix.
- Grease a baking dish with oil. Pour the mixture to the dish, and bake for about half an hour.
- Enjoy your healthy artichoke quiche!