Carrot and Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This simple recipe uses only a handful of wholesome ingredients to create a comforting and almost creamy soup.
- 2 tbsps salted butter
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 5-6 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 tsps creme fraiche or natural yogurt, salt and black pepper to season
- STEP 1Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a large, deep pan. Add the oil and the chopped onions.
- STEP 2After 3 to 4 mins add the chopped carrots. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for 10 to 15 mins, stirring regularly.
- STEP 3Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins.
- STEP 4Add the hot chicken stock. Increase the heat and bring the pan to a steady simmer. Cook for 10 mins.
- STEP 5Remove from heat. Carefully use a stick blender to blend to an even and smooth consistency.
- STEP 6Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with a little creme fraiche or natural yogurt and serve!