Chorizo & Butterbean Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 700g new potatoes, quartered
- 500g fresh chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g butter beans
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- STEP 1Boil potatoes for 10 minutes. While boiling, fry the chorizo in a large pan.
- STEP 2Sweat the onions, garlic and chilli in with the chorizo.
- STEP 3Add potatoes, beans, tomatoes, bay leaves and stock. Bring to boil then simmer until potatoes are fully cooked and the stew has thickened. I like mine very saucey, so I thicken mine using corn flour rather than reducing it down.
- STEP 4Stir in parsley just before serving.