Granola Flapjack Bars
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16 bars
Granola Flapjack Bars make an ideal energy boost; the perfect fuel for exercise or even just the working day. Great for picnics or a snack on a day out.
- 100g butter
- 4 tbsp syrup
- 800g Golden Granola http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/824572/recipe/golden-granola (or raw oats, dried fruit, nuts and seeds)
- 2 tbsp jam (apricot is best)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C. Oil a deep baking tray.
- STEP 2In a large pan, melt the butter and syrup together then turn out the heat.
- STEP 3Add the granola (recipe can be found here www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/824572/recipe/golden-granola or raw dry ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients are glossy.
- STEP 4Turn out half the mixture in the tray and press it down.
- STEP 5Warm the jam until runny and spread a thin layer over the flapjack base.
- STEP 6Top with the remaining half of flapjack mixture and press it down again.
- STEP 7Bake for about 10 mins until golden. Cut into portions in the tray while it’s still warm. Leave to cool and set before removing from the tray.