Summer Chicken Wraps
Member recipe by xorriex
Chicken breast with seasonal summer veg - red onion, orange pepper (or colour of your choice), courgettes, baby plum tomatos, mushrooms and a chilli kick.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 2 orange peppers
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- Begin by pouring a swirl of oil into a large frying pan and allow to heat. Whilst the oil is heating, chop up your chicken breasts and all of your vegetables.
- Once the frying pan is hot, add the chicken and fry for around 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the red onions, courgettes, mushrooms and chilli flakes to the pan and cook until the onions, mushrooms and courgettes have softened.
- Now add the peppers, chilli and plum tomatoes and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Wrap the flour tortillas in tin foil and place in warm oven for around 10 mins to warm through.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan and cook until the tortilla wraps have warmed. Split the frying pan contents between 4 bowls and place the tortillas in the centre of the table so everyone can wrap their own. Serve with a fresh salad and chips/baby boiled potatoes.