White chocolate mousse
Member recipe by bevbamford
Dip to the bottom of these rich chocolate pots to find a tangy strawberry sauce.
- 150 g strawberries
- 110 g chocolate, white, good quality, broken in squares
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk
- 3 portion egg white
- Reserve 2 strawberries for decoration and puree the rest with a hand blender or in a liquidiser. Divide between 4 x 150ml ramekins.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt in a microwave or over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the milk and stir to combine. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form soft peaks. Add a tbsp of the egg whites to the chocolate and quickly combine to slacken the mixture. Carefully fold the remaining whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture on top of the strawberry sauce and chill for at least 2 hours until set.
- Slice the reserved strawberries and use to decorate before serving.