Creamy Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick, tasty, not too healthy though...
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ~200 g mushrooms
- 250 ml white wine
- 200 ml single cream
- Chilli flakes
- ~120 g grated parmesan
- STEP 1Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water when draining.
- STEP 2While the pasta is cooking, heat a large saute pan over med/high heat and add olive oil.
- STEP 3Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, 10 - 12 minutes.
- STEP 4Add garlic and cook 1 minute, then add the mushrooms, stirring well. Continue to cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn't burn.
- STEP 5Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 6Add cream and about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water.
- STEP 7Stir in the red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Cook until the sauce has thickened, adding more pasta water if needed.
- STEP 8Add the cooked pasta and toss well. Top with a sprinkle of parsley and parmesan to serve.