- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A simple starter for any dinner and which needs no cooking. This can be prepared up to 1 hour before serving allowing time to finish any main course
- Lg Tin Apricot Halves, drained
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cottage Cheese
- Jar of Blue Cheese Dressing
- STEP 1Drain the apricot halves and set aside to dry. Shred a few leaves of Iceberg Lettuce and place a small amount in the centre of each tea plate serving.
- STEP 2In the centre of the lettuce, place a heaped teaspoon of cottage cheese and on top of this place a Apricot half, stone side down. You should now have a domed topping. At this stage the starter can be set aside for up to 1 hour.
- STEP 3When ready to serve, pour over the top of the Apricot enough of the blue cheese dressing to taste and to trickle over the top of the fruit.
- STEP 4This can be served with a couple of cherry tomatoes or a small wedge or two of cucumber.