Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Black Pudding Potato Hash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a lovely breakfast for the family to celebrate #BlackpuddingDay. Top tip: cook the potatoes the night before and chill until you're ready to fry.
- 400g small new potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 2 medium eggs
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- STEP 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 mins or until they are just tender, then drain.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the drained potatoes and fry them for about 4 mins until they start to brown.
- STEP 3Add the onion and continue to cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
- STEP 4Remove and discard the plastic skin from the Clonakilty Blackpudding then roughly chop it. Add to the frying pan, and stir to mix cook for 4-5 mins until piping hot and beginning to crisp.
- STEP 5Make 3-4 hollows in the mixture, then carefully crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 mins or until the eggs are set and cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve straight away.