Salmon & Watercress Sandwich
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Sandwich
Delicious poached salmon served with watercress and mayonnaise flavoured with fresh basil leaves. Try using any of your favourite herbs: chives, tarragon, parsley or dill would all work well.
- 2-3 large fresh basil leaves (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 slices Allinson Wholemeal Batch bread
- A large handful of watercress leaves, woody stalks removed
- 6-8 cucumber ribbons (use a vegetable peeler to peel down the length of a whole cucumber to create the cucumber ribbons.)
- 85g poached salmon, flaked
- 2-3 teaspoons of ready prepared mayonnaise (or use your own favourite recipe)
- STEP 1Finely chop the basil leaves and stir into the mayonnaise. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Chill until ready to use.
- STEP 2Spread a little basil mayonnaise over each slice of bread. Arrange the watercress, cucumber ribbons and flaked salmon over the top of one piece of bread and sandwich with the remaining piece. Press together gently and cut in half to serve.