Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
I Love You Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cookies
Easy to make, delicious to eat and the perfect way to say I Love You this Mother's Day!
For the Cookies:
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg
- 100g Jordans Super Berry Muesli
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
Flour, for rolling
- Flour, for rolling
For the icing:
- 1 sachet dried egg white
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
- Food colours, of your choice
- STEP 1Mix together the melted butter and egg. Then stir in the muesli, flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and milk. Use your hands to make the mixture into a dough. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- STEP 2Use a bit of flour to roll out the dough, or if you prefer, roll the dough out between two sheets of baking parchment. Flour the cutters and cut out the letters. For the O, substitute a round cutter and a very small heart cutter, from a set.
- STEP 3Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes
- STEP 4Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ fan 170 degrees Celsius/ Gas Mark 5. Bake the biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- STEP 5For the icing, mix together the icing sugar and egg white. Divide this up into 3 bowls, and colour each bowl with your chosen colours. Spoon the icing into your icing bags, and use straightaway or store until ready to use.
- STEP 6When the biscuits are cool, spread over the base colour. Allow this to dry for 10 minutes, before piping on top of it, otherwise the icing will bleed into each other. Decorate with spots, stripes, squiggles or any other pattern.
- STEP 7Present to your mum!