Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sumac spiced courgettes with pine nuts and spinach
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A simple couscous lunch with courgettes and baby spinach.
- 75g couscous
- 1 courgette
- 80g baby spinach
- 25g pine nuts
- Several generous pinches of sumac
- Juice half a lemon
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Vegetable stock
- STEP 1Put the couscous in a bowl and pour stock over it. Cover and set aside.
- STEP 2Toast the pine nuts in a small frying pan and set aside.
- STEP 3Slice the courgette into pound-coin thick slices, and shallow fry in the olive oil, liberally sprinkling with sumac during the cooking process.
- STEP 4Near the end of cooking, add the the spinach to the courgette pan and stir until wilted.
- STEP 5Uncover the couscous and fluff up with a fork. Stir the vegetables and pine nuts in, then finish with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.