Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Couscous with kidney beans, mushroooms, cherry tomatoes, and truffle oil.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A quick vegan lunch finished with truffley flavours - three of your five a day.
- 75g couscous
- Half a can of kidney beans
- 80g mushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- A pinch each of tarragon and oregano
- A drizzle of truffle olive oil, plus extra for frying
- Vegetable stock
- STEP 1Put the couscous in a bowl and pour vegetable stock over it. Cover and set aside.
- STEP 2Slice the mushrooms. Heat the olive oil with the tarragon and oregano, then add the mushrooms and shallow fry them until nearly cooked.
- STEP 3A few minutes before the mushrooms are finished cooking, add the kidney beans and heat through for two or three minutes.
- STEP 4While the kidney beans are heating, slice cherry tomatoes. Mix the mushrooms, kidney beans and tomatoes with the couscous and finish with a drizzle of truffle oil.