Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
Member recipe by whapshott
- 2/3 Leeks
- 1 Onion
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots (Optional)
- 1 Pint of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 200g Single or Double Cream
- Knob of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice the leeks and dice the onion, and fry with a little butter on a medium heat for 10mins or until soft.
- Add 1 pint of stock and bring to the boil. Then simmer
- Chop the potatoes and carrots (optional) into 1cm cubes and add to the stock. Simmer for 20mins or until soft.
- Add chopped parsley, chives. You can add salt and pepper to taste also.
- Use blender to blend soup mixture until smooth, adding cream as you go until you are happy with the consistency. If the soup is still too thick add a little milk to thin.