Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Prawn, Mushroom and Almond Pilaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This pilaf is easy and quick to cook and has a lovely spicy flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 280g long grain rice
- 1 ltr fish stock
- 350g prawns
- Black pepper
- 26g toasted flaked almonds
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion for about 10 minutes until soft, adding the garlic for the last couple of minutes.
- STEP 2Add the spices and mushrooms, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Rinse the rice in cold water and add to the pan, then add the stock and seasoning.
- STEP 4Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes and until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- STEP 5Add the prawns and heat through.
- STEP 6Finally stir in the toasted almonds just before serving.