Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Apple and roasted garlic puree
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A rich apple and garlic ouree that goes beautifully with pork.
- 5 eating apples
- a sprig of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a tablespoon of caster sugar
- a teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- STEP 1Put the cloves of garlic, skins on, into a roasting dish with a little oil and cover with clingfilm. Roast for around 20-25 minutes
- STEP 2Meanwhile, chop the apples into chunks - peel, pipis and all. Add to a small saucepan with about 75ml water and stew for 15 minutes or until soft.
- STEP 3Add a the caster sugar and transfer to a blender. When the garlic is ready, squeeze one of the cloves out if it's skin and and to the blender with the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 4Blend until nearly smooth and then taste to see how garlicky it is. Add either half or all of the remaining garlicand any additional seasoning according to taste.