Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Qucik and easy tomato soup
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 soft sun-dried or sunblush tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
- 3 x 400g cans of plum tomatoes
- 500ml/18fl oz turkey or veg stock
- 1 tsp sugar, any type
- 142 ml soured cream
- 125g fresh basil pesto
- basil leaves, to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oil or butter in a large saucepan, then add the garlic and soften for a few mins over a low heat. Add the sun-dried or sunblush toma, canned tomatoes, stock, sugar and seasoning, then bring to a simmer. Let the soup bubble for 10 mins until the tomatoes have broken down a little.
- STEP 2Whizz with a stick blender, adding half the pot of soured cream as you go. Taste and season - add more sugar if you need to. Serve in bowls with 1 tbsp or so of the pesto swirled on top., a little more soured cream and a sprinkling of basil.