Thai chicken curry
Member recipe by vstothard
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 3-4tbsp thai red curry paste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 4 freeze dried kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- chopped corriander
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add shallots and lemongrass and fry for 3-5 mins, then stir in the paste. cook for 1 min.
- Add chicken, then stir until coated. Add fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves and coconut milk. Slowly bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, strip leaves from the corriander, gather into a pile and roughly chop. Stir half the corriander into the curry, then sprinkle the rest over the top. Serve with basmati rice.