Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Potatoe and cabbage soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Good Food Oct 2007 page 22
- ! onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra
- 1lb floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 3/4 pint of chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 raashers streaky bacon
- 1/4 medium savoy cabbage
- STEP 1Chop the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and potatoes, season well, the reduce the heat and cover the pan.Gently cook for about 5 mins until starting to soften, then add the stock, turn up the heat and bring to the boiol. Simmer for 5 mins more, until the vegatbles are tender.
- STEP 2While the soup is cooking, grill or fry the bacon until it is crisp. Shred the cabbage, discarding the core.
- STEP 3Whizz the soup in the food processor then return to the pan and add the cabbage. Simmer for a few minutes until the cabbage is just tender, then season to taste and serve with the scattered bacon.